Proposed Use of the Building
Facilities in the new Community House will include:
- Centralised Reception and Administration for the whole building providing switchboard and welcoming services
- Community Office: office equipment for use by voluntary organisations, including internet access, fax, photocopying, secretarial and graphics support.
- One Stop Information: an area accessible to all, containing updated information on Health, Social Care, Community Services and Local Information.
- Lower and First Floor Office Accommodation: fully serviced accommodation available for low rent to voluntary organisations.
- Dedicated Children’s Wing: a large space offering play area with static equipment and storage of toys. Purpose built child friendly toilet facilities. Fenced off garden area.
- Community Transport Office: a base for the community minibus and voluntary car schemes.
- Cafeteria and Drop-in Area: dedicated cafeteria area with fully equipped professional catering standard kitchen.
- Large Meeting Room / Day Centre: spacious room that could be used for day activities, social groups, functions etc.
- Counselling Rooms: great care has been taken to make these rooms comfortable, informal and soundproof.
- Training / Meeting rooms to be able to accommodate up to 20 people. Equipped with the usual training facilities.
- Council for Voluntary Service Offices
- Lift to First Floor
- Landscaped Grounds with Sensory Garden
- Ideal Location Close to the City Centre
The building will be attractively decorated and furnished throughout. Both youth and adult art and photography groups will be encouraged to display their work in it.