About CVS Volunteer Centre
The Volunteer Centre is the part of the Council for Voluntary Service dealing specifically with the ever increasing need for volunteers. It has been awarded the Volunteering England Quality Mark in recognition of good practice.
What do we do
- we advise people wanting to do voluntary work on what is available
- we help volunteers decide what would best suit them
- we recruit volunteers for organisations throughout the area, and further afield if required
- we offer confidential interviews and take up references on behalf of the organisations involved
- we match volunteers as carefully as possible to the opportunities available
- we offer support to volunteers when they are in post
- we offer volunteer training and advice to organisations
- we provide information on all aspects of voluntary work; if we don’t know, we will find out!
If you want to volunteer and need advice on finding voluntary work in the area, turn to the section “Help for Volunteers”.
If your organisation wants to know about services the CVS Volunteer Centre can offer, turn to “Help for Organisations”.
If you want to know more about the role of Volunteer Centres, turn to “Core Functions of a Volunteer Bureau”.